That’s what my night consisted of.
Tonight was my second to last class subbing for Ed’s Wednesday night spin. Lots of familiar faces tonight: Tim, Katrina, Stanton, and Jen! Next week will be the last Wednesday (for now anyways) – I’m gonna miss doing it.
I was super sweaty tonight. Sometimes I measure the intensity of my workouts based on how much sports bra sweat I have afterward. Even though that doesn’t really have much to do with it. Tonight my entire sports bra was soaked. TMI? Oh well.
- Little More Time – Zox
- In a Big Country – Moe
- If You Wanna Fly – Mayra Veronica
- I Like It – Enrique Iglesias feat Pitbull
- Sorry – Madonna
- Demons – Guster
- Black & Gold – Sam Sparro
- Ready to Go – Republica
- Beat It – Fall Out Boy
- Dream On – Aerosmith
- California Girls – Katy Perry
- My Sharona – The Knack
- Americano – Lady Gaga (Thanks Katrina for this awesome recommendation. A download MUST!)
- Livin’ La Vida Loca – Ricky Martin
- First of Things – The Brew
- When I Fall – Barenaked Ladie
My favorite part of class was Trina’s awk excited clap when Ricky Martin came on.
Dinner tonight was sauteed chicken with orange bell pepper and onions, and Greek style green beans (fasolakia!)
- Stir-Fry Chicken
- Orange Bell Pepper
- Chopped Onion
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Powder
- I don’t have specific directions for you or specific amounts! Just eyeball it and saute all together
Greek Style Green Beans (Fasolakia)
Ingredients – for 4 servings
- Olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 clove minced garlic
- 1 pound fresh green beans, rinsed and trimmed
- 1.5 diced tomatoes (I cheated and used diced tomatoes from a can!)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir the onions and garlic in the skillet until tender.
- Mix the green beans, tomatoes, sugar, and salt into the skillet. Reduce heat to low, and continue cooking 45 minutes, or until beans are soft. (I cooked them for 30 minutes tonight – the time can vary!)
I’ve never had the two different dishes together before, but it was pretty good combined. I ended up eating it all together even though I started out with two separate sections on my plate:
Best part is the leftovers I have for tomorrow / Friday!
Questions of the Day:
- What are your favorite “sweatiest” workouts?
- What are your favorite healthy foods to eat as leftovers?