Have I mentioned before that I love mushrooms?
(Be Thankful Challenge: I’m thankful for mushrooms! )
This is the perfect healthy homemade pizza for all you fellow shroom lovers.
Magic Mushroom Pizza
I can’t remember what magazine I ripped this recipe out of. No source for this one!
- 3 cups mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 small red chili pepper, thinly sliced, or a pinch dried red pepper flakes(I don’t do spicy!)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 eleven inch pizza crust (we wanted to get the dough you roll out yourselves, but Shaw’s was out, so we had to get a pre-made crust)
- 1 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
No tomato sauce!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mushrooms with parsley, minced garlic,
red chili pepper, rosemary, and season with salt and pepper, set aside and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle prepared pizza dough with mozzarella, feta, and mushroom mixture. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until edges of crust are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, toss arugula with oil and vinegar and season with salt.
- Remove pizza from oven, cut into slices, and place on a serving tray. Top each slice with dressed arugula.
Tip: Don’t try to cut the calories further by using fat-free feta – it won’t melt properly.
Nutrition Score Per Slice: 88 calories, 3g fat, 1g saturated fat, 10g carbs, 6g protein, 1g fiber, 96 mg calcium, 1 mg iron, and 197 mg sodium. (Might be slightly off with the change in pizza crust).
Super quick, super easy, super yummy.