Here’s a new recipe for you guys. Tim made this delish little appetizer to bring to Easter dinner on Sunday.
Skinny Shrimp Salsa
Recipe inspired by SkinnyTaste
- 16 oz cooked peeled shrimp, diced fine
- 4 vine ripe tomatoes, diced fine
- 6 tbsp red onion, finely diced
- 3 tbsp jalapeno, diced fine (optional – we didn’t use it!)
- 2 tbsp minced cilantro
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Combine diced onions, tomatoes, salt, and lime juice in a bowl and let sit about 5 minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate and let the flavors combine at least an hour before serving.
SkinnyTaste tells me that a half cup of this tasty little app has only 75 calories, 12.5 grams of protein, 4.4 grams of carbs, .9 grams of fiber, .2 grams of sugar, and 278 mg of sodium.
Not too bad, until you eat way too many chips with it! Oops!
Low-carb version? Eat by itself with a spoon — it’s flavorful enough to do so!
If you guys are looking for more healthy salsa recipes, check out some of these past Fitness & Feta salsa faves:
What’s your favorite kind of salsa!? Recipe sharing welcome & encouraged!
Today = 6am Circuit Training, work, and Wellcoaches class tonight, but I’m hoping to be back later with a recap of Tim’s birthday day of fun yesterday. We had a wonderful day!
Have a great Thursday, everyone