I’m a liar because yesterday I said I would be back later, and well, I was NOT back later.
Don’t be mad.
Last night marked my return to Corpbasics. For any new F&F readers who may not have heard me talk about Corpbasics (CBC) before, it is a fitness and training club in Somerville that I joined… over a year ago now! My instructor friend at Oak Square, Liz, convinced me to help her out with a kickboxing demo at the Somerville Mayor’s Fitness Challenge in 2011 since I took her class regularly.
A month later, I signed up for the studio. A month after that I certified to teach Cutz & Kix and now teach it regularly at the Y. For more info on CBC and what it’s all about, click over to this post!
Anyways, I have been on a little CBC hiatus for over a month. For a couple of reasons:
- My hip was really bothering me, and I didn’t think it was smart to add on any more classes a week than I was already doing/teaching. Honor your injuries, right?
- I went on vacation.
- Before I went on vacation, I was spending my free nights apartment hunting with Tim.
- After I went on vacation, I was spending my free nights getting acclimated to my new Group Ex Coordinator position at the Y which entailed a few extra meetings, etc.
- My workouts have been more focused on the eight week virtual bootcamp program I signed up for.
- I was working a floor shift at the Y on Monday nights, which really only left me Wednesday nights at CBC. 6:30-8:30 on Wednesday nights when you teach at 6:00am on Thursday mornings is TOUGH!
And not really an excuse because of course I can get myself over to CBC, but… what happened to the party bus?! I miss it.
Needless to say, now that my Monday night floor shift at the Y is NO MORE (hooray for an extra free night!) I have my choice of a bunch of awesome Monday night classes. Ashley teaches Cutz at 5:30 at the Y, Ed teaches 6:30 Spin at the Y, Christina teaches Perfect Lines (a 30 minute barre class that focuses on lower body) at 6:45 at CBC, and Andy teach Kix at 7:15 at CBC. Lots of my favorite classes to choose from again for Mondays!
Oh and! CBC was also just voted #1 Kickboxing Class in Boston on the Boston A-List for the second year in a row. Woop!
Have you ever had to repeatedly miss out on a favorite exercise class or favorite workout routine because life just got in the way?
Extra exciting Two A Day Tuesday tonight! Liz and I are both teaching our OWN classes, AND can stay for each others, AND we have a special guest!!!