Monday morning + Monday morning with a hurricane = Ooof.
I would just like to say that as someone who goes grocery shopping weekly on Sundays, it is extremely irritating slash amusing to be doing your regular shopping routine while everyone else in the world freaks about the imminent hurricane. Literally watched people smacking into each other with their carriages, arguing about what aisle things are in, and getting so frustrated while stocking up on things to last a lifetime. Unless, of course, their power goes out in which case all that perishable food you just loaded into their cart is going to well, PERISH, in the case of a power outage.
I think storms bring out the worst in people. Seriously. So dumb. Anyone else experience this yesterday?
This was the first year that I didn’t have any set Halloween plans or parties to go to. And I didn’t really care about that? I’m sure if I really did I could have put in a little more effort, but I felt very apathetic about it this year. Plus I’ll be dressing up for Two A Day Tuesday classes tomorrow (Sandy better not mess with Two A Day Halloween!!) so I just didn’t really care.
Tim and I also had a billion family plans this weekend. Friday night we went out to dinner at The Local in Newton with his sister and cousin, then for some drinks at The Cherry Tree. Saturday I picked up my car at the shop and squeezed in a Saturday workout before heading to Tim’s cousin’s 13th birthday party. Then yesterday we went out to brunch at Wilson’s Diner, did things around the apartment, then headed to my parents’ house for dinner with my aunt for her birthday.
I was also a bad blogger and took only one picture the entire weekend, of my mom and aunt last night.
Happy Birthday, Auntie Tina!
Last Week’s Workouts
Last week was Week 1 of Best Body Bootcamp Session 3. Out of fairness to Tina and her program, I am not going to give you all the specifics of her workouts, but this was our general “plan” for last week:
And then this is how I got crafty and adapted to my own schedule:
- Sunday: Whatever exercise I squeezed in at the Health Fair last week (running around all morning + 10 minutes Kickboxing demo + 10 minutes of Zumba). I still considered this my “off day.”
- Monday: Acted as my Tuesday in the plan above. I taught an hour-long cycle class and then did a plank challenge with myself. Held a plank for four minutes!
- Tuesday: Acted as my Friday in the plan above. Instead of intervals, I took Liz’s Kickboxing class. Then I taught Workout C in my Circuit class, and threw in cardio intervals between each move.
- Wednesday: I combined days — used this as a cardio day but instead of doing 40 minutes of steady cardio, I did the Intervals B workout on the treadmill (25 minute workout can be found here!) and then did another plank challenge. Held a plank for four minutes and thirty seconds this time!
- Thursday: Taught Workout A in my Circuit class, again throwing cardio intervals between each move.
- Friday: Acted as my cardio of choice day — I taught Cardio & Core in the morning.
- Saturday: Combined days again. I did the Intervals A workout from Monday (25 minutes on the elliptical) with Workout B from Wednesday.
Not confusing at all, right?!?!
This Week’s Workouts
This week is considered Phase II of the program and still follows the above plan. Here’s what I’m banking on this week:
- Sunday: Off
- Monday: TBD — the hurricane is seriously screwing with my workout plans! Some kind of at home workout? Braving the storm to get to the gym? My at home weights are too light for me now, but I’m determined to get activity in.
- Tuesday: Halloween style Two A Day Tuesday! Taking Liz’s Kickboxing class, then probably teaching Workout B in Circuit class. FYI to anyone who wears a costume and takes our classes tomorrow night you will get a prize! Please don’t let Liz and I be the only ones dressed in costumes!
- Wednesday: Morning cardio workout + plank challenge so I can enjoy Halloween at night.
- Thursday: Teaching Circuit C in my Circuit class.
- Friday: Cardio workout + plank challenge.
- Saturday: TBD… I’m heading up to NH for the weekend, so will depend on what time I leave! Otherwise, an off day.
Last week my goals were to focus more on getting 7 hours of sleep each night and to track food on LoseIt. Some of you asked me why I was trying to track my food and if it is to lose weight. My answer is NO! I don’t want to lose any more weight and I am very happy with where I am and how I look. I actually have NO idea how much I weigh. My reasons for using LoseIt are more to see the breakdown of carbs/fats/protein I’m getting to make sure it’s enough with all the exercise I do every week. Also, I love seeing how much more my calorie intake amounts go up when I exercise, not that I recommend abusing that in any way. It’s all just so interesting to me.
That being said, since using LoseIt isn’t really super important to me and it’s more something I’m interested in, I’m not going to set that as a weekly goal. I’m keeping my sleep goal again this week, and I am going to REALLY try to have my computer OFF at 9pm… we’ll see how that goes…
Comment away! Thoughts on the hurricane, tell me what you did this weekend, how did last week’s workouts & goals go, what’s on the agenda this week… tell me anything!
Have a great week, and stay safe everyone!